Fresh Strawberry Pie
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 9 Inch baked pie shell – See crust recipe below!
- 9 cups strawberries, washed & hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp. vinegar
- Bake pie shell. Cool completely. – See Pie Crust Recipe Below
- Mash enough berries to measure 2 cups.
- Add water to pureed strawberries and stir.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and blend well.
- Add sugar/cornstarch mixture to water and crushed berries in a pot. Stir well and bring to a boil while continuously stirring until mixture thickens.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Cool completely.
- Spread approximately 1 cup glaze on pie crust beneath first layer of berries.
- Layer glaze, berries, glaze, berries while building into a mound with a peak.
- Pour remaining glaze over top of berries and smooth glaze evenly over entire mound of strawberries.
- Refrigerate several hours or until set and enjoy!