Fresh Peach Pie
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 9 Inch baked pie crust – See pie crust recipe below!
- 9 cups peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp. vinegar
- Bake pie shell. Cool completely. – See Pie Crust Recipe Below
- Mash/puree enough peaches to measure 2 cups.
- Add 1 cup water to pureed peaches and stir.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 6 Tbsp. cornstarch and blend well.
- Add sugar/cornstarch mixture to water and pureed peaches in a pot. Stir well and bring to a boil while continuously stirring until mixture thickens.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Cool completely.
- Spread approximately 1 cup glaze on pie crust beneath first layer of peaches.
- Layer glaze, peaches, glaze, peaches, etc. while building into a mound with a peak.
- Pour remaining glaze over top of peaches and smooth glaze evenly over entire mound of peaches.
- Refrigerate several hours or until set and enjoy!