Double Pie Crust
Credit: Epicurious.com https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/classic-sour-cherry-pie-with-lattice-crust-242514
- 2 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (8oz. / 227g.) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 Tbsp. (or more) ice water
- Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in large bowl to blend.
- Add butter and rub in with fingertips until small pea-size clumps form.
- Add 5 tablespoons ice water; mix lightly with fork until dough holds together when small pieces are pressed between fingertips, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough together; divide into 2 pieces.
- Form each piece into ball, then flatten into disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Dough can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- Let dough soften slightly before rolling out.
- Baking instructions will vary with type of pie being made.