- 12 pieces Scallops
- garlic powder (granules) to taste
- onion powder (granules to taste
- paprika to taste
- lemon pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped green or thinly slivered red onions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Tear two sheets of aluminum foil, wide enough to wrap scallops with a few inches of open space between sealed edges and scallops. (see pictures) and place foil side by side.
3. Place 6 scallops in center of lower half of foils and sprinkle each cluster of scallops with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
4. Sprinkle each cluster of scallops with one clove garlic minced, 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion or slivered red onions and 1 Tbsp. of minced Italian parsley. Place 1 dab of butter on top (Approx. 1 Tbsp.)
5. Drizzle each cluster with 3/4 Tbsp. Olive oil and fold foil over so three edges line up and seal all the edges. (see pictures.)
6. Just before placing foil packets on grill, turn heat down to medium if your grill runs hot or medium high if it runs cooler.
7. Place foil packets in grill. Close lid of grill and set timer for 7 minutes.
8. Remove foils from grill with a long handled metal spatula and place them onto a cookie sheet for transport. Rip foil open at the top of the foil, fold foil away and carefully transfer contents to your plate with as much of the liquid as you like. Scallops release quite a bit of water along with the butter and olive oil.