Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken, cooked
- 4 ounces green chili pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cook onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons Butter, until tender.
- Combine onion mixture w/ chicken & chili peppers; set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter & stir in flour, coriander & salt.
- Stir in chicken broth; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in sour cream & 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Stir 1/2 cup of sauce into chicken mixture.
- Dip each tortilla into remaining sauce to soften.
- Fill each with approx. 1/4 cup of chicken mixture. Roll up.
- Arrange rolls in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas & sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Freeze or bake uncovered @350 deg for 25 minutes, till bubbly.