Veggie Filled Meatloaf
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 2 lbs Organic Ground Pork
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 small onions diced fine
- 2 cups carrots shredded fine
- 2 cups celery diced fine
- 2 cups shredded yellow crook neck squash
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ to ½ cup minced Italian parsley
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 1½ Tbsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large loaf high quality French bread/ soaked and squeezed out OR: 13 oz / 5 cups soft French bread crumbs food processed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (to dust top of loaves)
- Sauté onions, celery, carrots, squash and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- Either soak a loaf of good quality French/white bread and squeeze as much water out as possible or chop/pulverize 😉 into soft bread crumbs with a food processor using the blade and pulsing to get 5 cups. Note: Cheap/low quality bread will turn strangely slimy when soaked in water and it is next to impossible to squeeze excess water out.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and form into loafs. Depending on your pan size you can either make one big one or multiple smaller ones. Just leave room between them and the sides of the roster or pan.
- Sprinkle top of loaves with Italian style bread crumbs and roast in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Uncover last 30 minutes. Enjoy!