Momma’s Poultry Stuffing
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken livers
- 1 large onion diced fine (4-4 1/2 cups)
- 6 cups celery diced fine
- 1 bunch Italian parsley minced (approx. 1 ½ cups)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 ½ loaves french bread soaked and squeezed dry
- 4 eggs
- Finely dice onion and celery.
- Mince garlic and parsley.
- Wash and clean 2 packages of Chicken livers.
- Coarsely chop chicken livers in food processor or with knife. Keep chunky, do not puree and set aside.
- Sauté onions in ½ cup olive oil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and sauté another minute or two.
- Add celery and sauté another 5 or so minutes,
- Add minced Italian parsley and sauté a minute or two.
- Add livers and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 4 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. pepper, stir and set aside.
- Soak bread in water till soggy, squeeze as much water from bread by squeezing with hands and add to stuffing.
- Mix 4 eggs in separate bowl with fork till just mixed and add to stuffing.
- Mix all ingredients evenly with large spoon or hands.
- Butter 9/13 casserole dish and fill with stuffing.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Center should be puffy. Remove from oven, slightly cool and serve.