Bolognese Sauce with Veggies
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 1 lb. grass fed, grass finished ground beef
- 2 28 oz. Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- 1 25 oz. Trader Joe’s Creamy Basel Pasta Sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 2 cups celery, diced fine
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 or 2 stalks broccoli, stemmed, coarsely chopped, stalks peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated or diced
- 1 medium Zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 Yellow crookneck squash, seeded and grated or diced
- ½ yellow or orange pepper, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 8 oz. organic mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar or maple syrup
- Sauté ground beef, stirring and breaking up meat to prevent formation of large clumps.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté another few minutes until onions become translucent.
- Add carrots, celery, diced peppers, and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sauces, parsley, basil, and 1 or 2 tablespoons sugar or maple syrup. Medium to low simmer, partially covered pot, stirring occasionally for a minimum of an hour or longer. Be careful. Tendency for sauce to splatter, sending scalding sauce in every direction is a given. Don’t wear your favorite shirt and definitely wear your apron for this one!
- Add diced or grated zucchini, squash, sliced mushrooms and coarsely chopped broccoli and medium simmer another 30 or so minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- I use all organic ingredients whenever possible!
- If digestive issues are a problem, peel and deseed anything that has seeds: zucchini, squash and even peppers. I have to deseed and peel everything for myself.
2 thoughts on “Bolognese with Veggies”
This recipe was amazing!! However, everything Mary cooks is excellent. I tried the version without the kidney beans and mushrooms and was more like a spaghetti sauce. Thank you Mary for another keeper 💕
Awww, so glad you liked it! You are most welcome:-) always 💜🙏🏼