Cser Papa’s Hungarian Sausage
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 10 lbs ground pork (butt and shoulder)
- 0.8 oz. (22g) fresh garlic crushed
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. (10g) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (70g) sea salt
- 1 tsp (2g) ground caraway seed
- 3 oz (85g) Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water (mix paprika in water then add to ground pork)
- Mix all ingredients well and stuff into pork sausage casing.
- There are different options for how to stuff sausage into casing and what kind of casing can be used. I googled a few you tube videos and came up with our setup. I have only made this once as of 5/23/2020. The more I do it, The more I will try to develop the instructions for this recipe. For now I hope the pictures will tell the story. ☺
- The only place I ever seem to find ground caraway is at Arab stores like smart choice. Probably can find it online too. Other than that, it seems to be hard to find.
- Our Sausage Stuffer: Weston Manual Vertical Sausage Stuffer, 7-Pound Capacity 86-070 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KKL2BM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_-PHYEb85ACKZE
- Meat Grinder: LEM Products 17791 Big Bite #8 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074F8PWVX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
- Hog Casing: Natural Hog Casings for Sausage
5 thoughts on “Cser Papa’s Hungarian Sausage”
Marika…looks delicious… For safety, I always put a teaspoon or two of Cure #1 in my kolbasz…. I enjoy your site.
Thank you! What is Cure #1? 🙂 👩🏻🍳🙏🏼marika
Cure #1 is a pink salt used in smoking sausage to guard against spoilage when smoking at very low temperatures (120-170 F. and long….4- hours….It turns out with a dark cherry casing…Can be eaten without further cooking.
Thank you for sharing your family traditions! I love this!
Thank you! It’s a continual work in progress. 🙏🏼💗🇭🇺👩🍳