Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter unsalted
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup Ice Water
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Large Egg Yoke
- 1 cup pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine flour and Salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut butter in with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture can gently be formed into a disk.
- Form dough into a disk, like a hockey puck. It is easier to roll out after refrigeration.
- Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to assemble and bake pie, position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Place dough between two sheets of wax paper and roll out to 12 inches to fit a 9-inch pie plate.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper and invert dough, paper side up and gently free dough from wax paper into 9-inch plate, carefully position dough evenly, pressing into the bottom and sides of plate. Crimp dough edges decoratively around rim.
- Using electric mixer, beat 6 ounces cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/3 cup brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and egg yolk, one at a time.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until well blended, scraping sides of bowl once or twice to incorporate cream cheese well.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake pie until filling is slightly puffed and just set in the center. Approximately 55 minutes.
- Remove pie onto rack to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours. Keep refrigerated and serve pie cold.
- This recipe can be made a day ahead and is FABULOUS