Grilled Chilean Sea Bass
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 3 Chilean sea bass fillets (approx 7 oz. each)
- garlic powder (granules) to taste
- onion powder (granules) to taste
- paprika to taste
- lemon pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp chopped green or thinly slivered red onions
- 2 1/4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (approx. 3/4 Tbsp. per fillet)
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Tear three sheets of aluminum foil, wide enough to wrap fish with a few inches of open space between sealed edges and fish. (see pictures) and place foil side by side.
- Place each fish in center of lower half of foils and sprinkle each fillet with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika.
- Place 1 dab of butter on top of each fillet (Approx. 1 Tbsp. per) sprinkle each with one clove garlic minced, 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion or slivered red onion and 1 Tbsp. minced Italian parsley.
- Drizzle each piece with 3/4 Tbsp. Olive oil and fold foil over so three edges line up and seal all the edges. (see pictures)
- Just before placing foil packets on grill, turn heat down to medium if your grill runs hot or medium high if it runs cooler.
- Close lid of grill and set timer for 7 minutes.
- Remove foils from grill with a long handled spatula and place them onto a cookie sheet. Rip foil open on the top of the foil, fold foil away and carefully transfer fillet from foil to plate. Pour melted butter in foil over fish before tossing foil.