Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups onion, diced fine
- 2 cups celery, diced fine
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 cup orzo noodles
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp thyme (crushed between hands just before adding)
- In skillet, heat butter/olive oil and sauté orzo pasta till golden brown.
- Add onion, celery and rice and continue sautéing until rice is golden brown and onions and celery are half cooked.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, sage and thyme and stir.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to lowest setting (simmer) for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat (do not open lid) and let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir pilaf and prop lid to keep from over-cooking