Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 1 Pkg. Puff Pastry Dough (ex. Pepperidge Farm)
- 4 3.9 ounce instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups whole milk
- 32 ounce whipping cream
- Thaw out dough. Place in refrigerator the night before baking. (Do not defrost in microwave)
- When thawed, roll out both sheets to the size of a rectangular cookie sheet. *(Flip cookie sheet upside down and you will bake the pastry puff on top of the bottom of the cookie sheet.) After rolling out the dough, it should hang over all the sides about 1 inch. It will shrink as it bakes. Pierce dough with fork evenly all over before baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees until a golden brown color. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Whip whipping cream till firm. Place in refrigerator.
- Mix pudding with milk until it sets, then fold it into whipped cream.
- Place pastry dough on large serving tray. Spread the filling evenly over pastry dough.
- Top Layer Option 1: Place 2nd layer of pastry puff sheet on a cutting board and carefully cut into 12 even squares and place them on top of Krémes filling in the same order and position they are cut in.
- Top Layer Option 2: Break top layer pastry puff sheet into pieces and using a chopping blade and a food processor, make a course crumb out of the top layer and sprinkle it evenly over Krémes filling.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve. Sprinkle powder sugar on top. Enjoy!
- Do not defrost puff pastry in microwave and be certain pastry puff is completely defrosted before attempting to unfold and roll out with a rolling pin. Lightly dust with flour when rolling.
- It is a little easier to eat when top layer is crumbled but the traditional way is to leave it whole. Cutting the top layer into equal squares before placing them evenly over the top makes for a much easier (and prettier) time when trying to cut individual pieces.
- This is best served cold, straight out of the fridge.
- This is kind of a cheater version of the recipe since it uses a ready-made frozen pastry and instant vanilla pudding rather than making these from scratch, but it’s a fun easy recipe for people to get acquainted with Krémes and if you are feeling more adventurous, you can always substitute out the ready-made versions with made from scratch versions ☺