Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter – at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Bake for 17 to 19 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Remove cookies to rack to cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
NOTE: For 6 dozen smaller cookies, use 2 tablespoons dough for each. Bake at 350 F for 15 to 18 minutes.