Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 1/3 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 Onion (2 cups) Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 8 stalks Celery (4 cups) diced
- 6 Carrots (3 cups) diced
- ½ Green Pepper chopped/minced
- ½ Red Pepper chopped/minced
- 2 Tbsp. Spike Seasoning
- 11 cups water
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 6 Medium Potatoes (7 cups diced)
- 8 Cups Broccoli Florets
- Broccoli Stems (peeled and diced)
- Jack Cheese shredded
- Green Onions Chopped
- Sauté 2 cups diced onions and minced garlic in 1/3 cup oil adding carrots, celery and diced red and green peppers for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season sautéing vegetables with 1 Tbsp. Spike and 2 Tsp. salt stirring as needed.
- Add 8 cups water and bring soup to boil and reduce to simmer.
- Add 7 ½ cups diced potatoes and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Heat 3 cups of water and 8 ounces of cream cheese and when cream cheese is warmed through and softened, whisk together till smooth. Add cream cheese water, 1 Tbsp. Spike to soup and continue simmering until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add Broccoli flowerets and diced stems and stir into soup. Simmer no more than five or so more minutes. Broccoli softens very quickly. A little crunch in the broccoli is preferred to overcooked.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with a sprinkle of grated jack cheese and chopped green onions/chives.
3 thoughts on “Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup”
Going to make this tomorrow! Can’t wait – It’s been too long! Thanks for sharing this recipe with me wayyyy back in the day Marika, it’s a winner! <3
Of course! I’m so glad you love it like we do 🙂
your pictures looked great! Glad you enjoyed it:-)