Winter Harvest Soup with Pancetta & Gruyere
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 carrots diced
- 5 celery sticks diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 2 red potatoes diced
- 1/2 pumpkin seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley stemmed and minced
- 3 tbsp. salt
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces’ pancetta (Italian bacon diced fine)
- .37 of a pound Gruyere Cheese shredded
- Sauté onions, garlic, carrots, celery, peppers, potatoes, pumpkin and Italian parsley for approx. 20 minutes. Add water, bouillon and salt and simmer till all vegetables soften. Purée with hand wand blender for preferred texture (however chunky or smooth you prefer.)
- Stir in heavy whipping cream and grated cheese.
- In separate pan, fry pancetta in its own fat (like bacon), and either drain fat before adding to soup or add to soup with drippings included for added flavor.
- Stir, serve, and ENJOY!
FABULOUS!!! Seriously… Soooo good!!