Prime Rib (Rib Eye Roast, Boneless)
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- Rib eye roast (size depends on preference)
- Equal parts:
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Mix equal parts Lawry’s seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt,
- Tie roast evenly with kitchen twine.
- Poke holes on all sides of roast with a sharp knife blade, being careful to not cut twine. (I do this to help seasoning in as it marinates)
- Place roast on saran wrap and season on all sides with season mix.
- Pat into meat and wrap roast tightly in saran wrap.
- Let marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Next Day…
- Unwrap and place roast, fat-side up, on rack in roasting pan; and let sit at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes.
- Insert meat thermometer into center of roast.
- Set oven on broil 2 and sear roast for 10-15 minutes. Turn every few minutes to sear evenly and prevent it from burning.
- Reduce oven temp to 350F . Roast meat in 350 F. oven about 1 hour 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 140 F. or until desired doneness.
- To serve, place roast on platter; let stand 15 minutes for easier carving. Carve with electric knife and cut only what is being served while roast is hot.
- When marinating overnight, be careful to place wrapped roast in container to capture moisture.
- For Au Jus, I usually just make Lawry’s Au Jus mix according to package instructions to serve over each piece when serving.
- For horseradish sauce, either make from scratch or serve with “BEAVER BRAND” Hot Cream Horseradish