Banana Zucchini Bread
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 – 1 cup cane sugar (or maple syrup)
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2-3 bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 or 3 8×4 inch bread loaf pans, or just spray the pans with coconut oil spray just before adding batter to pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light yellow and frothy.
- Add sugar or maple syrup, mix for about 30 seconds, add oil, mix
- Add grated zucchini, bananas, and vanilla; blend together until well combined. till blended in.
- In separate container, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to incorporate everything into the flour.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, just till blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 or 3 prepared loaf pans. (Butter and flour before-hand or coconut oil spray just before adding batter)
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the loaf pans on a wire rack before removing and serving.