Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 2 lbs. organic chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 large organic onions, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange pepper, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs oil
- Fresh lime
- Fresh cilantro
- Fill pot with 4 cups water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbs oil and 2 cups rinsed jasmine rice.
- Bring to a boil, stir, cover, reduce heat to lowest setting and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut chicken into strips and place in bowl.
- Cut onions and peppers into strips and set aside
- Mix seasoning in separate container, mix well and set aside. Heat 1/3 cup olive oil in large skillet and sauté chicken breast strips for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. When half way cooked, season chicken with 2 or 3 tsp. seasoning.
- Remove chicken into a clean bowl and set aside.
- Add 1/3 cup olive oil to pan and heat. Add peppers and onions and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add 3 or 4 tsp. seasoning to onions and peppers and sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add one cup water and stir.
- Add chicken and juice from chicken to vegetables.
- Stir rice into stir fry and serve
- Serve with limes, avocados, cilantro and salsa.