Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 3 medium eggs room temperature
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- Additional Olive oil for frying
- Combine all wet ingredients in a blender or with a hand held electric mixer in bowl for approximately 1 minute or until thoroughly combined. (I prefer an electric hand mixer.)
- Carefully add cassava flour to wet ingredients continually mixing to keep flour from clumping. Beat well, add salt and continue beating till smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled stainless steel skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and tilt it with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the palacsinta for about a minute, until the bottom is light brown and can easily be loosened with a thin metal spatula.
- Flip the palacsinta and cook the other side.
- Place finished palacsinta on a plate and fill with desired fillings.
- Filling Options:
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cottage cheese/cream cheese filling
Cottage Cheese / Cream Cheese Filling
- 32 ounces organic whole cottage cheese
- 8 oz. organic cream cheese (room temp.)
- 2 tsp real organic vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- Beat cream cheese with hand held electric mixer till smooth
- Add cottage cheese, vanilla and maple syrup and beat till incorporated.