Cottage Cheese Noodle Casserole
Credit: Marika’s Kitchen
- 12 oz. Manischewitz Fine Egg Noodles
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. Cottage Cheese
- 16 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Corn Flakes (crushed)
- 1 oz. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Boil noodles in salty water for half time indicated on package. Approx. 2 minutes. (add 1 Tbsp. salt and a dash of olive oil to water for boiling noodles; this is not listed in ingredients)
- Strain noodles and run cold water through it to cool. Drain excess water and set noodles aside.
- Sauté diced onions in 2 Tbsp. olive oil until translucent.
- Mix noodles, sautéed onions, cottage cheese, sour cream and 1- 2 tsp. salt and mix well.
- Spread noodle mixture into a 9 x 13” casserole dish.
- Measure 2 cups of corn flakes into a large zip lock bag. Remove excess air, seal and crush corn flakes. I use a rolling pin.
- Melt 1 oz. butter and 1 Tbsp. oil and add crushed cornflakes and toast slightly. Set aside.
- Sprinkle toasted corn flake crumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes.
Let sit a few minutes before serving.
This is a great side dish for potlucks and BBQs!